BUREAU OF EDUCATIONAL AND CULTURAL AFFAIRSPromoting Mutual Understanding
Open & closing dates
05/03/2019 to 05/17/2019
Pay scale & grade
$137,849 to $166,500 per year
The position is located in the Office of International Visitors (OIV), Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of International Visitors (OIV) [JB link]. The incumbent of this position serves as Deputy to the Office Director, sharing in the management of the entire organization and all phases of its programs. …
- Carries out such duties and responsibilities typical of a second level supervisor such as overseeing the work of supervisory staff and dealing with high level officials of other agencies and organizations.
- Coordinates the formulation of the International Visitors Leadership Program (IVLP) strategic business and budget plans, and ensures integration of the budget with its strategic program plans and IT enhancement projects.
- Develops resource requirements and other input for work plans and budgeting, as well as strategies for the implementation of long range plans to maintain and enhance current activities, as well as to conceptualize and implement new program plans.
- Exercises delegated responsibility for planning, conducting, and coordinating all individual, group, regional, and multi regional international visitor exchange and grant programs providing facilitative services to non sponsored visitors to the U.S.
- Contributes to prioritizing goals and objectives, overseeing office administration and management, and exercises delegated supervisory and managerial authority within Office of International Visitors (OIV).
- Advises Departmental and public diplomacy [JB emphasis] policymakers and officials on all matters pertaining to international visitor programs. Represents the office at meetings and workshops concerning planning and execution of international visitor programs. …