The contribution of the Hellenic Diaspora in the forging of bilateral cultural relations between Greece and third countries is the key issue of the web conference “Cultural Diplomacy – The Role of Diaspora” organized by AHEPA Patras HJ-25 “St. Andrew”. The online event will take place on Wednesday, January 20, 2021, from 18:00 to 20:00 (Greek time).
A panel of prominent speakers from Greece and abroad will discuss Cultural Diplomacy and the role of the Hellenes abroad as well as cultural initiatives that aim to build strong bonds among citizens of different origin.
The speakers of the event are in order of appearance:
- The Supreme President of AHEPA, George Horiatis
- The Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. Kostas Vlasis
- H.E. The Ambassador of the United States of America to Greece Mr. Geoffrey R. Pyatt
- H.E. The Ambassador of Australia to Greece Mr. Arthur Spyrou
- H.E. The Ambassador of Canada to Greece Mr. Mark Allen
- The General Secretary of Public Diplomacy and Greeks Abroad Mr. Ioannis Chrisoulakis
- Honorable Mrs. Mariyana Spyropoulou Commissioner Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Mr. Paul Kotrotsios of Hellenic News of America
- Mr. Dimitrios Christodoulou of OnTime Books U.K
- Professor Michakis Toanoglou of Hotel & Τourism Management, Woosong University – South Korea
The discussion will be coordinated by Mr. Dimitrios Moutousis, President of AHEPA Patras HJ-25 “St. Andrew”.
The web conference will be broadcasted on the AHEPA HELLAS Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ahepa.hellas
The online event will be held under the auspices of the Department of General Secretariat of Public Diplomacy and Greeks Abroad and AHEPA HELLAS DISTRICT 25