Do you have a strong knowledge of Indian domestic and foreign policy? Do you see the many ways India’s on-going economic and political transformations affect and create opportunities for Denmark? Can you build, maintain and use a broad professional network across sectors? Can you communicate effectively on social platforms, make your points convincingly and shoot off regular high quality reports in Danish that busy people bother to open and read? Are you a team player and do you thrive in an active and dynamic workspace that gives you all the responsibility you can handle?
The Embassy of Denmark in New Delhi is an ambitious, dynamic Embassy working hard to ensure its activities reflect’s India’s growing global importance. We offer a position as Political Advisor that will give you an important role in developing and driving the bilateral relations between Denmark and India. As a large Danish representation, we have all the diplomatic tools at our disposal and you will be involved in many different activities: Political and economic cooperation, trade promotion, government-to-government activities as well as cultural cooperation, public diplomacy [JB emphasis] and strategic communication. Key is to create mutually beneficial partnerships between India and Denmark across sectors and players.
You will become part of the Embassy’s political-economic team counting the Deputy Head of Mission, the Political and Economic Counsellor, four growth advisors, local political associates and three interns.
As our new Political Advisor you:
- are an integral part of the Political and Economic Team and work closely with the Ambassador, the Deputy Head of Mission and the Political Economic Counsellor.
- continuously monitor political developments in India as well as in Denmark and assist in reporting to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Copenhagen,
- build knowledge and create a strong network through participating in meetings, seminars and other events of relevance for your work area,
- share knowledge through internal briefs, the production of analyses, thematic reports, cables, background material and speaking points etc. for the MFA,.
- exercise a key role in planning and execution of delegation visits to India and to Denmark,
- prepare meetings with Ministers, Government officials, partner organisations and other stakeholders,
- contribute to the Embassy’s strategic communication, cultural and Public Diplomacy efforts through available platforms,
- and identify and create synergies across all teams at the Embassy.
As the right candidate, you have:
- A strong interest and drive to strengthen Indo-Danish relations.
- A relevant Master’s degree in e.g. political science, economy, international relations, or other relevant education at MA level.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to independently produce high-quality written material for a variety of audiences which is precise & tailor-made.
- Excellent English and analytical skills, and sound understanding of communication, including solid experience with social media.
- Solid understanding of both Indian and global politics, as well as of the domestic political situation in Denmark.
- A positive, open-minded and pro-active approach to new and varying tasks.
- The ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Danish language skills a major advantage.
As Political Advisor you will be hired on a local contract with salary regulated according to the Embassy’s “Local Salary Policy”. The salary will reflect your experience and level of qualifications. The position is to be filled by May 1 2019 (or soon thereafter) and is initially offered for a two-year period (with possible extension).
Application deadline: Please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education and recommendations) to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Political Advisor” before March 20, 2019.
For any questions regarding this position, please contact Deputy Head of Mission, Steen Malthe Hansen (email@example.com) or Political Counsellor, Sofie Dyhr Crump (firstname.lastname@example.org).