From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paul Brummell (born 28 August 1965) is a British diplomat who is ambassador to Romania.
After stints in Pakistan, Italy, and in Whitehall, Brummell received his first posting as head of a diplomatic mission in 2002, as Ambassador to Turkmenistan. In 2005, he made the relatively short move to head the embassy in Kazakhstan, a position that also includes being non-resident ambassador to Kyrgyzstan. In 2008 he invited the US ambassador, Tatiana Gfoeller, to a meeting with the Duke of York and British businessmen; her report to Washington, leaked by WikiLeaks and reported by British and international media, mentioned indiscreet remarks by the Duke.
In 2009 Brummell was transferred to Bridgetown, Barbados, as High Commissioner to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines) and UK representative to CARICOM and the OECS.
In September 2014 Brummell took up the post of ambassador to Romania.
- Turkmenistan, Bradt Travel Guides, 2005. ISBN 978-1-84162-144-9
- Kazakhstan, Bradt Travel Guides, 2008. ISBN 978-1-86162-369-6
- President of Kazakhstan to participate in summit of Turkic states in Antalya GAZETA.KZ
- US embassy cables: Prince Andrew rails against France, the SFO and the Guardian, The Guardian, 29 November 2010
- WikiLeaks: ‘Rude’ British royal was blunt in session with U.S. official, CNN
- “New British High Commissioner appointed for Eastern Caribbean”. CaribbeanNetNews.com. Retrieved 2009-06-13. “Paul Brummell will be based in Barbados and will also serve the other islands in the Eastern Caribbean. […] He will serve as Non-Resident British High Commissioner to Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia and St Vincent and the Grenadines. Brummel will succeed Duncan Taylor CBE, who will be transferring to another Diplomatic Service appointment.”
- New Ambassador takes up appointment in Romania, British Embassy Bucharest, 2 September 2014
- Paul Brummell, gov.uk