image (not from entry) fromJob Description
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a creative communications professional to define and continually enhance MBN’s market position. MBN is a non-profit, multimedia broadcaster in Springfield, VA that provides news and information to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio and digital properties in Arabic.
The Director identifies priorities, develops plans, and executes all MBN media relations, external outreach, and marketing activities approved by MBN leadership to raise brand awareness and ensure MBN programming is promoted and distributed effectively
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing a comprehensive communications and marketing plan that will proactively represent MBN brands, including establishment of benchmarks to regularly measure the plan’s effectiveness.
- Engaging traditional marketing and media outlets as well as social media to best disseminate organizational messages and raise brand awareness. Identify perceptions of MBN brands and propose strategies and tactics to overcome misconceptions and develop strengths.
- Directing all communications staff and functions and advise senior staff on communications issues and activities. Prepare staff for media interactions.
- Directing all marketing staff and functions, manage external promotion activities and identify placement opportunities in domestic and Arab media to promote brands and distribute programming.
- Establishing and maintain strong relationships with relevant opinion journalists and reporters as well as with relevant think tanks and academic institutions with interests in public diplomacy [JB emphasis] and international broadcasting.
- Maintaining awareness of Arabic language broadcast media and regional digital trade industry trends to ascertain and track latest developments in the industry and advise senior MBN leadership on likely effects to MBN’s current and future market position.
- Identifying relevant conferences, seminars and symposia that provide opportunities to discuss programming – evaluate the benefits of MBN participation.
- Assessing congressional interest in Middle East broadcasting. Propose visits and contacts with Congressional offices and provide information as required. Maintain contact with BBG Congressional liaison and MBN congressional correspondents to ensure collaboration.
Candidates are required to have:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
- At least a B.A/B.S. in related fields. Graduate degree preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of current political, economic and social conditions affecting MBN’s target region
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in evaluating and presenting corporate image and accomplishments
- Knowledge of the media environment in the Middle East.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English and Arabic. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage human and financial resources.
- Knowledge of the Middle East and experience of living and working in the Middle East preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.