Job Responsibilities Vacancy
- The Public Affairs (PAS) Financial Analyst coordinates and assists in preparation of PAS annual budget and keeps track of all budget categories and current budget status. Maintains representational cuff account and administrative files and records. Cuff accounts: Spread sheets to allocate, track, document and, most importantly, plan for the annual budget using the PD ABACUS+ as well as locally created tools applying budgetary and accounting principles. To maintain the cuff accounts, the individual must have sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of COAST software and State budget procedures and regulations, as well as general accounting principles. Assists Public Affairs Officer (PAO) to prepare and periodically review The Public Diplomacy [JB emphasis] Implementation Plan (PDIP).
- The Analyst also initiates many and tracks all contracting and procurement requests for PAS, in coordination with the requesting office/officer including but not limited to EducationUSA, the American Center Library, and the Audio/Visual section. Prepares the budget-related paperwork of all new grants files and maintains and tracks grant files and processes paperwork for awarding, amending, extending and closing grants. As part of grants administration, is responsible for monitoring and evaluation of financial performance of all public affairs grants, through site visits and evaluation of grantee's financial records and reports. Tracks all incoming funds, in addition to the annual PAS budget, including separate funding streams for five American Spaces, EducationUSA, special Department funds, such as R Innovation Funds and Alumni Innovation Funds.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required. (You must attach a copy of your bachelor's degree certificate along with your application form.)
- At least 2 year(s)
- Two years of experience in accounting, budgeting and administrative procedures is required.
- Level 4 (Fluent) Bangla and English Speaking/ Reading/ Writing is required due to the high level of communication with internal and external clients. This may be tested.
- 45 words per minute typing in English and ability to use word processing software; extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheet is required as well as excellent oral communication and customer service skills.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Read Before Apply
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
Applicants must submit the application form & required documents either by regular mail (postal service) or, deliver by hand to the south barrier of the U.S. Embassy to be considered.
Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), available on our website at http://bd.usembassy.gov/ (Click on Embassy, click on `Job at the Embassy`, will take you to "Job Openings at the Embassy"); blank application forms are also available at the south barrier of the U.S. Embassy (near the Nepalese & Vatican Embassies). Please find the full job announcement on our website at: http://bd.usembassy.gov/Application Deadline : December 11, 2018Original Article