Can you promote Danish interests and strengthen the partnership with Indonesia? Do you thrive in an active and dynamic workspace that gives you all the responsibility you can handle? Are you proactive, detail-oriented and can handle a large number of tasks simultaneously? Do you have a flair for political and economic issues? And can you build, maintain and use a broad professional network across sectors?
Then YOU might be the Political and Economic Advisor, we are looking for!The Embassy of Denmark in Jakarta is an ambitious, high-paced and dynamic Embassy. We offer a position as our Political and Economic Advisor that will place you at front and centre of the bilateral partnership between Denmark and Indonesia. As a medium-large Danish representation, we have all the diplomatic tools at our disposal, and you will be involved in many different activities: First of all political and economic cooperation, but also development assistance, export promotion, government-to-government activities in the energy, environment and agriculture sectors, as well as cultural cooperation, public diplomacy [JB emphasis] activities and strategic communication.As our new Political and Economic Advisor you:
- Are an integral part of the Political Team and work closely with the Ambassador and the Deputy Head of Mission.
- Continuously monitor political and economic developments in Indonesia, ASEAN, Timor Leste, Papua New Guinea and Denmark relevant for the RI-DK partnership and assist in reporting these to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Copenhagen.
- Are responsible for the Embassy’s strategic communication efforts and public diplomacy activities through various platforms, e.g. Danish and Indonesian print media, social media, events, etc., and you are focal point for the efforts of reaching out to the youth in Indonesia.
- Are the main responsible for the strengthened bilateral cooperation in the education sector as well as government-to-government aspects of other sectors such as maritime, tech and defence.
- Contribute to the production of political reporting (cables), background materials, speaking points etc. for the MFA and in relation to high-level visits to Indonesia and to Denmark, and you assist in planning and executing these visits.
- Participate in meetings with ministers, government officials, partner organisations and other stakeholders, and have a key role in continuously expanding the network of the embassy.
As the right candidate, you have:
- A strong interest and drive to strengthen the bilateral partnership with Indonesia.
- A relevant Master’s degree in e.g. political science, economy, international relations, or other relevant education.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to independently produce high-quality written material for a variety of audiences, which is precise and tailor-made.
- Excellent English and analytical skills, and a sound understanding of communication, including solid experience with social media.
- Solid understanding of – or interest in – Indonesian and regional politics, and solid under-standing of the domestic political situation in Denmark.
- A positive, open-minded and pro-active approach to new and varying tasks, and the ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Danish language skills are a major advantage.
As Political and Economic Advisor you will be hired on a local contract with salary regulated according to the Embassy’s “Local Salary Policy”. The salary will reflect your experience and level of qualifications. The position is to be filled as soon as possible, and is initially offered for a one-year period (with possible extension).
Application deadline: Please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education and recommendations) to [email protected] marked “Political and Economic Advisor” before (or on) 11 February, 2019.For any questions regarding this position, please contact Deputy Head of Mission, Elsebeth Søndergaard Krone ([email protected]) or Political and Economic Advisor, Rose Marie Arvid Larsen ([email protected]).