Warning: Undefined array key "chkIconSize" in /www/webvol29/96/dr3o8os9p35egxy/bidd.org.rs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/customize-external-links-and-add-icon/customize-external-links.php on line 301
image (not from entry) from Excerpt:
The Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations in New York (PRMNY) is seeking to hire a Senior Public Affairs Advisor to manage the Mission’s communication portfolio.Position Title: Senior Public Affairs Advisor
Section: United Nations Security Council Campaign
Location: The Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations in New York
Position no: 422683
Starting salary: USD $90,734 (plus benefits)
Competition no: 2019-02
Date posted: January 30, 2019
Closing date: February 13, 2019Employment Tenure: The position has a specified period of employment until March 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension/renewal. This competitive staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position with various tenures, including indeterminate, term, assignment/transfer, and/or acting opportunities at the Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations in New York (PRMNY), which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.Open to:
- Persons living in the United States;
- Employees of the Consulate General of Canada in New York and the Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations;
- Employees of any Canadian Mission in the United States ;
- Spouses and dependents of Canada‐based staff at the Consulate General of Canada in New York and Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations.
Note: Relocation expenses will not be paid in any circumstance.All applicants must:
- Have independent work authorization in the U.S. and status in accordance with U.S. protocol directives for foreign missions.
- Be resident in the United States; and
- Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter by the closing date. The one-page cover letter must:
- Demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements, including language, education and experience;
- Confirm residency in the United States;
- Confirm independent work authorization in the United States.
Note: Failure to provide any of the information required above will result in your application being rejected. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.Summary of Duties:Under the direction of the Counsellor for the United Nations Security Council campaign, the Senior Public Affairs Advisor develops and leads the communication strategy for the entire mission; advises on and recommends advocacy of priority Canadian interests at the United Nations; conducts research and analysis on matters of relevance to Canada’s campaign and public and official reactions to campaign activities; and, plans, organizes, and participates in conferences, meetings and other events.Condition of employment (must be met):
- Eligibility for Government of Canada Reliability Status (RS) and Canadian secret clearance;
- Independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with United States protocol directives for foreign missions.
Essential requirements:Candidates must demonstrate clearly in their letter, how they meet the Language, Education and Experience qualifications listed below. Please be specific and provide examples for each of the qualifications.Language Requirement:Fluency in English and French (oral and written). A high level of proficiency in both written and spoken English is essential.Education:Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the duties required by the position (such as International Relations, Economics, Business Communications, or Public Policy) or a degree from a recognised university and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ recent experience working in international relations or in an advocacy/policy /media relations oriented sector.
- Extensive recent experience in developing, planning and executing communication (traditional as well as social media) strategies.
- Extensive recent experience in developing relationships with stakeholders, and influencers.
- Recent Experience conducting research and strategic analysis on policy and public affairs issues and in providing superior strategic advice, briefings, and written reports to management and/or clients.
- Recent Experience in preparing strategic communications materials (speeches, briefs, key messages, press releases) for selected audiences.
- Experience in project management (including strategic planning, execution, tracking/reporting results, and budget management).
*Recent defined in the last 8 years.Rated requirements:Candidates who meet the Language, Education and Experience requirements will be assessed on the following qualifications:Experience:
- Recent experience in using traditional and social media platforms and tools;
- Recent experience in developing social media strategy across multiple platforms;
• Experience in establishing, organizing/planning, and conducting meetings with key audiences and leaders; and
- Experience working in an innovative manner with individuals or groups to facilitate partnerships and cross-sector initiatives.
- Wide and demonstrable knowledge of Canadian foreign policy (especially as it relates to the UN); and
- Knowledge in professionally using traditional, Digital/social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to analyse complex thematics and provide strategic advice;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines;
• Ability to establish and maintain a wide range of contacts within government, media, academia and civil society; • Ability to work independently in a proactive, effective and accountable manner; and• Ability to work effectively in a team.Personal Suitability:
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently in cross cultural and international milieu;
- Sound judgement;
- Diligence, resourcefulness, thoroughness, reliability, dependability;
- People/Team Leadership;
- Tact and discretion; and
- Experience in government relations / advocacy/policy oriented sector;
- Preference will be given to Canadian citizens who are eligible for Canadian government security clearance in accordance with Global Affairs Canada guidelines to SECRET.
Selection procedure:The staffing process will consist of a review of all applications to ensure that applicants meet the essential qualifications. Please note that failure to meet any of the essential qualifications eliminates candidates from further consideration in the competition. Only those applicants who meet these will be contacted by the Human Resources Section for an interview or other form(s) of assessment (a written test, an in-basket exercise, and /or a skills test) of the Rated Requirements for the position.The Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes.The Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations offers a competitive salary, generous leave and a strong benefits package to include medical, dental, long term disability, and a pension plan to name a few.Operational RequirementsHours of work:Normal hours of work for this position are in accordance with the Locally Engaged Staff (LES) regulations of 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate must be willing to work overtime, in particular during the busy fall session in support of Ambassadorial level public diplomacy [JB emphasis] efforts. Travel:Willingness to travel, including international travel, if required. Share APPLY Original Article