Image (not entry) from, with caption: U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur updated their cover photo. December 20, 2017
Deadline: 15 July 2019
The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur of the U.S. Department of State has announced that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy [JB emphasis] Small Grants Program.The Embassy has particular interest in projects that have a strong link to the United States and promote the teaching of English, benefit under-served populations, promote entrepreneurship, and promote the exchange of ideas between the United States and Malaysia including but not limited to the following areas of focus:
- Education and English
- Empowering women and youth
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthen economic prosperity
- Media literacy and media freedom
- Civic engagement
- Interfaith programs
- Combating extremism
The Embassy will only consider grants that have a significant American component or aspect in their proposal.Funding Information
- Most grants considered are between $5,000 and $25,000.
- Proposed projects generally must be completed within a year or less.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Nonprofit organizations, such as think tanks, civil society and non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public international organizations
- Governmental institutions
- When cost sharing is offered, it is understood and agreed that the applicant must provide the amount of cost sharing as stipulated in its proposal. The Embassy encourages, but does not mandate, that applicants include cost sharing elements from additional sources in support of their proposals.
The following types of projects are not eligible for funding:
- Requests with no connection to Malaysia
- Religious or partisan political activity
- Charitable activities or fundraising campaigns
- Commercial or for-profit projects
- Individual, academic, or scientific research projects
- Construction projects
- Projects for individual personal enrichment
- Commercial projects
How to Apply
- All application materials must be submitted by email to the address given on the website.
- All documents must be in English and all budgets must be in U.S. dollars.
For more information, please visit https://my.usembassy.gov/education-culture/cultural-programs/small-grants-program/Original Article