Deadline: 1 June 2019The U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City Public Affairs Section (PAS) is pleased to announce funding is available through the Public Diplomacy [JB emphasis] Federal Assistance Awards.This Annual Program Statement solicits proposals for projects that further the U.S. Mission’s public diplomacy goals of expanding media engagement, strengthening people-to-people ties between Vietnam and the United States, and building and strengthening local partners through the specific objectives listed below.ObjectivesProposals must explicitly address one or more of the Public Affairs Section priority objectives listed below and create or extend the communities engaged in those areas:
- Economic Prosperity: improved opportunities for U.S. businesses, labor standards, developing soft skills to work with U.S. businesses, reducing the bilateral trade deficit, intellectual property rights, promotion of U.S. products, or U.S. business values.
- Security: rule of law, combating transnational crime, combating trafficking in persons, improving relations with the Vietnamese diaspora community.
- Education: English teaching, improving teaching methods, curriculum development, modernizing education systems, STEM.
- Inclusiveness: women’s rights and empowerment, access and legal reform for disabled persons, LGBT rights, ethnic/religious minorities’ rights, civil society development.
- Fundamental Freedoms: freedom of expression, press, association, religion.
- Environment: Lower Mekong Initiative, environmental standards, climate mitigation and adaptation.
BudgetAward Amount will vary between $1,000 and $30,000.Eligibility Criteria
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Vietnam entities with relevant programming experience. This experience should be documented in the proposal. Eligible entities include:
- Not-for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public educational institutions
- For-profit entities are not allowed to apply. Previous federal award recipients who are not/were not in compliance with the terms of their financial and program reporting requirements are ineligible to apply.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable terms, conditions, and Office of Management and Budget guidance and requirements. Those organizations found to be in non-compliance may be found ineligible for funding or designated high risk if selected for funding.
How to Apply Applicants must be submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.For more information, please visit https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/ho-chi-minh-city/public-diplomacy-grant/Original Article