image (not from entry) from
Deadline: 15 July 2019The U.S. Embassy Abuja Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced this Notice of Funding Opportunity for its Public Diplomacy [JB emphasis] small grants program.PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and other civil society entities that further the Embassy’s policy goals and strengthen relations between the American and Nigerian peoples.PrioritiesPAS will prioritize grant program proposals that:
- Promote Nigeria’s democratic governance, unity and stability by improving government transparency and accountability, the rule of law, civil society capacity and engagement;
- Strengthen human capital to promote inclusive economic growth and development via entrepreneurial initiatives, STEM education, women’s empowerment, and cultural exchange;
- Protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to counter violent extremism, mitigate rural violence, and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curricular development and teacher training, in partnership with U.S. education institutions where possible.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $400,000
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $5,000
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Domestic Nigerian non-governmental organizations (NGO) and international NGOs having the required 501(c)(3) status.
How to ApplyApplicants must download the application form via given website.For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2K6xj0UOriginal Article