image (not from entry) from
Deadline: 15 July 2019The U.S. Embassy Moscow Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State has announced funding is available through its Public Diplomacy [JB emphasis] Grants Program.PAS Moscow is inviting proposals for projects that strengthen ties between the United States and Russia through concrete demonstrations of cooperation between their two peoples. All grant proposals must convey an element of American history, culture, or shared values. Competitive programs should support a priority program area (see below). Competitive proposals include a connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s that will promote increased cooperation between the people of the United States and Russia even after the program has finished.
- Concrete demonstrations of cooperation between American and Russian people through collaborative artistic, cultural, civil, or educational activities;
- Women’s empowerment and minority rights;
- Science and technology (STEM, STEAM, sea and space exploration);
- Support for journalistic integrity, grassroots expression, creativity, and storytelling; and
- Enhancement of income generation among small businesses and increased tools for broadening entrepreneurship in Russia.
- Award Ceiling: $75,000
- Award Floor: $25,000
Eligibility CriteriaThe Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Russia:
- Registered Russian or American not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience;
- Non-profit or governmental Russian or American educational institutions; or
- U.S. and Russian governmental institutions.
How to ApplyApplications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=310665Original Article